Sunday, November 23, 2014

NeverYear Games Week 13 - Wait, what? Week 13 already?

*Hyperventilation ensues*
Tomorrow is the day.
I can't believe this.

Holy [expletive redacted] [expletive redacted] it's really happening. I guess I shouldn't be too terribly surprised considering I've logged over 20 hours for this week, 17 of which happened this weekend. I thought I knew everything I'd have to know for making videos for our presentation with Sony Vegas, but boy, oh boy was I wrong. I had to quickly learn a lot of features such as audio manipulation and zooming footage or adding effects. None of this was terribly difficult, just more time-consuming than I had expected. There was also a lot of footage taken until I realized that the program I was using was - in fact - really [expletive redacted] awful. Luckily for me, I happen to have another desktop so I took the Nvidia graphics card out of there, put it into my computer, and switched to using Nvidia Shadowplay. It was a roller coaster, but it got the job done.

That pretty much sums up my experiences this week, and tomorrow is the big day. I am confident that everything will go well, and I wish the best of luck to all of the presenters.

-John Cotto

No comments:

Post a Comment